Do You Need Sedation For Dental Implants?
We are able to offer a ‘same day teeth’ service using All-On-4 dental implants.
“The treatment and care I received from Dr Ashish Deved for my implant was first class. Ash talked me through each step of the process and the implant looks and feels just like the real tooth it replaced. The whole procedure was straightforward and also for me pain free.”
There are many reasons for this fear: a bad past experience, difficulty in getting numb with local anaesthetic, a phobia of the smells, sounds of the dental surgery, or sensitive teeth. Sometimes, there’s no logical explanation for the fear, but whatever the cause, sedation can make a big difference.
Using IV sedation, you will be fully relaxed for the duration of your treatment, experiencing no pain and remembering little of the treatment afterwards. You will also be monitored continuously to ensure you are medically well.
At All Smiles we have an in-house anaesthetist, Dr Mano, who is also our Resuscitation Officer and undergoes all our CPR training. Dr Mano will sedate patients within safe guidelines, and the practice also has full resuscitation facilities in the unlikely event of an emergency.
How Does Sedation Work?
These drugs will quickly put you in a relaxed stated that is maintained and monitored for the duration of your treatment. This is not a ‘general anaesthetic’ like those administered in hospitals, as you will breathe on your own, but you won’t be aware of or remember any dental procedures or even getting numb.
After the procedure is finished you’ll be brought round, and should have a friend or family member to take you home as you won’t be able to drive. The effects of IV sedation can last for five to six hours.
As well as helping nervous patients to relax, the use of IV sedation enables us to complete multiple procedures in one appointment, which otherwise may be too tiring or uncomfortable. It’s also very helpful for patients with a strong gag reflex that can otherwise make treatment difficult.
Reasons For Having Sedation
- ZFear of dental treatment, dentists or the smells and sounds of the surgery
- ZHistory of traumatic dental experiences
- ZVery sensitive gag reflex.
- ZDifficulty opening the mouth for long periods
- ZDifficulty getting numb
- ZVery sensitive teeth
- ZComplex dental problems or a need for dental surgery
- ZIn denial of a dental problem until the pain is unbearable
- ZHave not received professional dental care for many years
- ZGet repeat prescriptions from different dentists or doctors for painkillers
- ZExperience sweaty palms or find yourself gripping the armrests
- ZExperienced sedation in the past that did not work well
See what our patients have to say
Reasons to Choose All Smiles
5 star reviews
WHY CHOOSE US
- ZDr Ash is also a fully qualified medical doctor (1 of only 20 other dentists in the country)
- Z consultations on cosmetic treatments
- Z5 year guarantee on dental implants
- ZLate evening & Saturday appointments
- ZFlexible finance plans to help with treatment fees
- ZDental practice on the High Street
- ZDedicated and committed team